I'm going to forgo venting for three or more paragraphs about the horrifying performance of the Giants this afternoon in favor of summing it up: the Giants need serious help. The only salvaging part of today was my uncle Joe's Texas chili, and the fact that we got to take the leftovers home to Brooklyn. With that and the beef stew I made Friday, we don't have to cook all week.
Onward. Wedding planning is almost on track. Guest list is pretty much done, save a few addresses that we still need to gather. DJ is pretty much decided upon, thanks to recommendations from Julia and Zach. Photography is set, will soon meet with our awesome photographer to discuss details. The current issue being worked out is flowers. I'm meeting with some florists in Cold Spring next month to determine if budget constraints will require me to order bulk flowers and arrange them myself. (Ahem, if this option wins, my mom, aunts, and friends should be prepared for me to hit them up to help.) Flowers are something I don't really care about, and I whole-heartedly refuse to spend several thousand dollars on them. So we shall see what happens.
Onward again. Mike and I leave for Hawaii in four days. I simply cannot contain my excitement. We are planning to jump into a shark cage with Rachel, hike all over the place, and sun ourselves into oblivion (while wearing SPF 30 or higher of course...and don't tell Pop about the shark cage please). We'll also probably visit Pearl Harbor, go whale watching and snorkeling, and severely mess up our sleep schedules. Undoubtedly, we'll make the most of what will probably seem like shortest week of the year. As 2010 comes to an official close, we will be in the air on our way back to New York. In fact, I'm pretty sure we will be flying at midnight in every American time zone, though I have to check on that. When I tell people that they seem to feel sorry for me, which I find silly. I don't care about the ball dropping, or blowing noise-makers, or drinking champagne at midnight. These things all make for a great time, but come on. I'm going to a tropical island in the middle of winter to see one of my best friends! I'm going to go ahead and assert that it's a pretty great deal.
Happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment