5. Piano parties. If you did not have a piano teacher who poured you hot cocoa in fancy tea cups and made you select your favorite holiday selection to play while eating Christmas cookies, you really really missed out. It was one of the best parts of the week before Christmas and it encouraged even the laziest musicians (i.e., me) to practice and liven up the house with Christmas tunes.
4. Socks. Every year for at least a decade my mom has gotten me socks for Christmas. I take really bad care of my socks and they wear out quickly, so I always need them and I always love them.
3. Hawaii. At this time last year, we had just arrived in Oahu to spend Christmas with Rachel and Mike's family in paradise. 'Nuff said, right?
2. Bing and Mariah. Whatever Christmas music you listened to as a kid, you most likely now crave as an adult all throughout December. In our house, the replaying CDs were mostly assorted Bing Crosby, the Mariah Carey Christmas album, and one or two choir-y records thrown in for good measure. Mike's family played Andy Williams, who I should probably get into as well.
1. Christmas Eve dinner. Yeah, my top memory/tradition is all about food. And family too. (You really should have predicted that.) In the early years, we would have Christmas Eve at Aunt Jan's house every year, and she would start a fire in the living room and show us to our presents under her tree and it was awesome. Now we have dinner at my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bobby's house, go to church, and then come back for dessert. It is delicious and fun and Kathy always busts out her awesome reindeer dinnerware.
Tonight we'll repeat my favorite Christmas memory and have dinner. Tomorrow we drive upstate to see the Brady bunch. Monday I go with Mom, Dad, and Rob to see William in Maryland. You already know I don't care about the presents, the decorations or the hype, but I'll take any excuse to enjoy time with my family.
| Lola says have a great Christmas. Cody says so too, she borrowed these antlers from him. |

No comments:
Post a Comment